Oversized sweaters in spring 2015
Spring still allows you to wear those adorable oversized sweaters in a stylish way– just in a slightly different way than winter time. A thinner version can be an essential garment during spring/summer 2015.
Here are some inspirations for how to wear this versatile piece and create a unique casual look.
We all know that oversized sweaters have nothing to do with sloppy, shapeless pullovers. Forget the thick winter knitwear and get something in a natural thick fabric. If styled correctly, it will add a cool, feminine impact to your outfit and create a trendy, casual, boho- chic or hippie style.
Stylist tips for oversized sweaters
When investing in an oversized spring pullover, first think about the bottomsyou’d like to pair it with and what you already have in your wardrobe.
- with a mini skirt or dress, it’s all about silhouette
- with leggings and skinny pants, it will make your legs look slimmer
- maxi skirts and dresses are great for taller women
- shorts will create a balancing effect
- always add accessories to keep it feminine and chic
- use a stylish belt to shape your figure
- layer it with blouses and collars only on colder days
- with a scarf but without a jacket it will be ultimately casual
- an over-sized sweater with bold vibrant color blocks will visually divide the upper part into pieces
- prints on the front part like KALE is definitely an uber-stylish way to go, especially with a tulle skirt.
My favorite oversized sweater goes great with skinny jeans and heels, and its color blocks help to avoid a giant pullover look and gives it a great silhouette. Classic blue and beige works well for weekend trips to the lake, while during the week I love to wear it with a scarf and miniskirt.
Photo Lorinc Simon
Location Tihany, Hungary